Tuesday, November 23, 2010

2 in 1: Week 11 Recap.. AND.. Week 12 PREview

Since Turkey Day games start at 12:30 on Thursday, I have decided to recap week 11 and preview week 12 all in one big post... I know you all just got a tad more excited than usual... brace yourselves...

So let's get crackin and RECAP Week 11....

Most macthups consisted of high scores this past week, and the one that sticks out like a sore thumb (BTW, I have never pointed out a sore thumb in my time, so I very much dislike the saying but I'll use it anyway) to me is that the Alaska Ice Bashers, that last place team that averages 80 points/week scored 165 BIG ones. Now that seems impossible for them even to reach in their wildest dreams... but it indeed did happen... as funny of a joke it may sound like. BUT it is no joke for Wallys Warrios who might as well stop trying to kick the crap outta something because he keeps swinging and missing badly... now on a 3 game losing streak.

How bout that extra point to get One Man Wolfpack a HUGE win over Viva? Yeah... I would write threatening letters to Mike Prater if that happened to me too... make sure you don't leave a return address though, Viva... just an FYI.

A team clinched this week... yay for DIRTY HARRY... we are all so proud that you will MOST LIKELY be representing the first seed in the playoffs... call that a one and done for their first time.

Bear Pascoes won big over Shake... such a hard deed. I would love to read a poem about them finishing 9th and JUST missing the 2nd round of the playoffs (b/c the 1 seed will lose to the 8... just in case you didn't pick up that last comment I made... for you noobs).

Shake, Bashers and GR!!! all 4-7... pretty much all she wrote... I hope you all had fun because that's what matters most.............. but then again this isn't Conover Elementary School where their motto is, "If you had FUN, you WON."...... far from the truth. At least you get to read the View on a twice a week basis throughout the playoffs.

9 total teams either 6-5 or 5-6.... still a cluster fudge but that shall BURST this upcoming week....

Which will lead me into the WEEK 12 PREVIEW... my public speaking teacher would be proud of my solid transition.

Kinda feels weird doing a 2 for 1... but this is the last time I will have to do it until NEXT Thanksgiving, so enjoy.... and it's not like I plan my writing and come up with stats of the week and those interesting key notes and all that jazz prior to writing... not pointing any fingers...

One Man Wolfpack v. Bear Pascoes: 6/8 matchup that has a lot of meaning behind it. The Pascoes are the best of the 5-6's and a win this week will give them a solid shot at the playoffs since their scoring is on steroids. One Man is very inconsistent... very lucky and very unlucky at the same time. With that said, I'm taking the Pascoes by 10+... this totally ruins my 9th place poem hopes but they don't have any top 3 finishes so no worries there...

Giants Rule!!! v. Shake N' Bake: 4-7 vs. 4-7... 13 vs. 12... why am I talking about this matchup 2nd?... because I want to get it over with... the game means squat (another stupid saying) and the winner will get false hope for any shot at making the postseason... so this is the Pillow Fight of the Week... so whoever breaks a nail first will lose and both teams will stay in the bottom 3... GR!!! by a couple.


DIRTY HARRY v. red moon cards: 1/7 matchup... and I am still stunned that the cards are 6-5... what in tarnation is going on in this league? 3 game winning streak will END against the first place DIRTY... who I think is worse than their record but who am I to sip the Haterade?... they can have the #1 seed... enjoy that one. This loss will put the cards in a bad spot because of their points... so good luck.... in another league next year.

Altoona Giants v. Alaska Ice Bashers: I gotta say I am VERY confident that the Ice Bashers will not put up 165 EVER AGAIN... and that's a promise. They scored 100 more points last week than they did in week 2 where they scored 65... talk about ranges. This is a battle of cousins... where I guess you can say I'm the home team because they are literally coming over for Thanksgiving... so home field advantage... how cute... but even if my team played in Alaska with no warm clothes on and blind folded... I would still rock the casbah (only my older crowd would get that one). I could really regret my 25+ point win prediction but I'm 96.3% sure I won't... the turkey will taste THAT much sweater for Altoona (eating leftovers after the Sunday games).

Wallys Warriors v. CrazyFools: Wallys is on a tough 3 game losing streak sitting in 10th place currently... pretty obvious they need a win NOW. BUT the CF have been hot lately despite a close loss last week so they will git r done and cripple the senior citizens' playoff hopes... (I didn't mean that in a way of making fun of old men at first but now I think it's pretty clever... but hopefully not literally... just the sophmore slump meaning).

Da Mounts v. Mean Machine: The 11th place Machine are really hurting with injuries this week... believe me I have gotten an ear full about every little thing wrong with their players already and it's only Tuesday... so this loss to the Da Mounts may also put the cabosh on another senior cit. BUT I see this game being a toss up... a low scoring game but Da Mounts gets it by 4+.

NITTANY LIONS v. Viva Espana (minus the Spanish accent): The commish at #2 pretty much already clinched so this game is only HUGE for the 9th place Viva who is currently 5-6. They will beat the mighty LIONS by 10+ and will be sitting pretty for a playoff spot... BUT a loss could really hurt being 5-7 with one week to go...

To sum it all up... this week will be bonkers, the standings will change drastically and it shall be a hell of a Thanksgiving week of Football. Have a Happy Thanksgiving, enjoy your time with the families, be safe and god bless. (Yes, even the Altoona View has a warm side).

--------
Be sure to come back NEXT Tuesday the 30th...(I know you all with be going through withdrawal but try to manage)... for the WEEK 12 RECAP.

No comments:

Post a Comment