Thursday, December 9, 2010

Round 1 Playoffs PREVIEW

(sing) It's the most wonderfullll time.. of the yearrrrr!!! Nothing beats Christmas time and fantasy football playoffs... a very jolly and intense combo that will sure be a classic this year. Before I preview these round 1 matchups, I just want to throw a congratulations out there to the rest of my playoff mates... as we all race to that fantasy title (and imaginary ring) and the $200 cash prize. I expect friendly competition, good sportsmanship and no bashing of any kind... those rights are held exclusively by the Altoona View... Happy Fantasy Playoffs!....

I have decided to give the two regions in the playoff bracket their very own names. One region will be called the, "We are all noobs that have never won the title minus CrazyFools." And the other region is called, "The Moore family + the 2nd best looking Light (next to Wally's)". Those names are way easier to remember than just simply "North" and "South"... eh?

Let's get going....

We are all noobs that have never won the title minus CrazyFools Region

#1 DIRTY HARRY v. #8 red moon cards: First off, I like how the weekly notes completely just stole my rmc "farewell tour" saying... I guess after 7 years you run out of ideas... but maybe I should be faltered. Speaking of which, rmc is probably the luckiest team to ever make the playoffs on account of them starting at least 2 guys on IR every week. Typically the #8 is on a hot streak at this time and will upset the #1. But that will not be the case this year. Even though DIRTY has a mediocre squad, they will have enough fire power to knock the most active and loyal managers' team out of the playoffs and the league FOR EVAAA... FOR EVAAA (Sandlot... classic). As of right now, rmc has 0 guys starting that are hurt... so this will be a close one. But in his first playoff appearance, HARRY will reverse the curse and advance to round 2. I really hope I don't have to write about rmc's lucky matchup again next week... it's gotta end sooner rather than later when there's $$$ involved.

#4 Bear Pascoes v. #5 CrazyFools: As of right now it looks like the CF are in the last place they would want to be. The Pascoes are too hot to handle right now as they are just lighting up the scoreboard. With favorable matchups for the Pascoes, it is almost stupid to pick against them. BUT that's where I come to play. The experienced CF will win this one and it will be by more than 11 points. Call me crazy (no pun intended actaully) but how good can Lynch and Fred Jackson do week in and week out as your RBs? CF to round 2, Bear eliminated and no shot at their first top 3 finish. BUT if they somehow pull this out, I know a poem is coming.

The Moore family + the 2nd best looking Light (next to Wally's) Region

#3 NITTANY LIONS v. #6 Mean Machine: The rematch of father/son from last week. The LIONS took my advice and took it easy on the Machine in order to stay under his roof for the near future... but maybe they didn't take it easy... maybe they just shit the bed... yeah that's for like it, getting blown out by 57.49 points. BUT the commish has another shot at the only senior cit in the playoffs. Can the Machine beat the mighty LIONS two weeks in a row and have ultimate bragging rights on Mike Jr.?(I know that pisses you off). The answer is no, I can't see Paul Crewe and Co. pulling back to back upsets, as the LIONS will win by a few points and advance to the 2nd round... but it shall be a nail-bitter where the both of them will be freaking out at different times during the matchup... I glad and not glad that I will miss that.

#2 Altoona Giants v. #7 Da MoUnTaInEeRz!!!: That was really annoying to type that name but it's the playoffs so I'm not messing around. The streaking Giants and back in the playoffs for the first time since 2007... wow that was long ago, I even point and laugh at myself from time to time. The Mounts are in familiar territory, where they pretty much live in the playoffs. BUT the seeds will tell the story in this matchup as Altoona will beat Da Mounts by at least 8 points and will advance to the 2nd round... where I will be that much more thrilled on top of just making these playoffs. It will come down to Monday Night though, expect Da Mounts to have a lead until Arian Foster does his thing to lock it up for Altoona.

------
Since the playoffs are relatively short... I'm going to predict the playoffs and I hope my result is the truth... and once again... I am being a complete homer to my squad.

Round 1:
DIRTY over red moon
Crazy over Bear
LIONS over Machine
Altoona over Da Mounts

Round 2:
Crazy over DIRTY
Altoona over LIONS (OOOH YEAH)

CHAMPIONSHIP:
Altoona over Crazy for the title of FANTASY BOWL X and the $200

-----
Good luck to all... be sure to come back on TUESDAY the 14th for the ROUND 1 RECAP

No comments:

Post a Comment