Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Round 1 RECAP

The playoff field has been cut in half this week with only 4 teams left racing toward the title of Fantasy Bowl X. I just want to throw out there that even though I am in the middle of finals week, I am still sticking to my usual schedule of posts because I don't want to disappoint my crowd. Don't worry Mean Machine, my next two finals are on Thursday so this is one of my "few" study breaks.

The #1/#8 curse was looking like it was going to live on for another year UNTIL Matt Schaub went buck wild throwing every ball to Andre Johnson to put the #1 team ahead. In result, DIRTY HARRY avoids the embarrassing upset and is currently sending love letters to Andre Johnson's mansion in Houston. We may never see how "DIRTY" the material in those letters are... and I don't think we want to.

Even though we all love the curse, at least red moon card's farewell tour has come to a screeching halt... he didn't just get booed off stage, he got tomatoes thrown at him. Happy trails, rmc!

How bout those NITTANY LIONS? Two weeks in a row they get romped by the senior of the household. Scoring 87 points last week and a whopping 80 this week. Can you say OUCH!? No 3rd ring this year commish, enjoy polishing your two fake ones right now because it's gonna be a while till you win another. 302.37 - 168.41 was the total score for these two teams in the last 2 weeks... wow, that's comical.

Bear Pascoes where you at!?! 80 points as well for this solid squad. I would love to read a poem from that team right now... at least our eyes won't have to bleed till next season... another non-top 3 finish for the one and done Pascoes.

And last but certainly not least... those Altoona Giants are one step closer to playing in their first ever championship... The red hot Giants scored 150 this week and are willing to play anybody at this point... this city actually has something to root for now... after their high school team went 0-10. BUT the Machine are looking mighty solid as well so I can't wait for that and the preview.

So far my only wrong playoff predicting was the LIONS... I am 3 for 4.
---------
Be sure to come back FRIDAY morning or THURSAY NIGHT after the game when I PREVIEW ROUND 2... yes Friday because I have 2 exams Thursday and then I'm peacing right after so I won't have time until I get home. Good luck to the remaining 3 plus me.

1 comment: