Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Round 2 recap and SHIP preview

Yup sooo if you haven't noticed already, I will not have a shot at my first ring because of an ugly loss BUT that doesn't mean I'm not gonna write... doesn't mean I'm not almost dead inside... but what the hell might as well finish this blog off...

Speaking of that Altoona/Mean Machine game... talk about a shootout. 4 of the best RB's (Arian Foster, M. Jones-Drew, Michael Turner, LeSean McCoy) scored a TOTAL of 28.80 points. Holy shit... excuse my french... that is horrendous... a real shit show... shit, shit, shit. One of the those guys could double that score in a game alone. Both teams played like the Ice Bashers this week but the senior citizen got just enough to advance to his first championship... what a way to do it too... first embrassing the commish and then edging Altoona. And btw weekly notes, cute little dig on my squad... you will get yours... when? Still a while till the 2012 season... but still. And yes 2012 season because the league will have a lockout in 2011... you can quote me on that one.

And in the other semi-final game, the #1 DIRTY actually scored some points this week and beat the veteran Crazy... never an easy task. Crazy lost Peterson 30 mins before game time and Brett Favre put a delay on Joe Webbs production... so join the loser 3rd place game... we are happy to have ya. And it's pretty redic that this is the first time since 2001 that the #1 seed goes to the Ship... breaking through barriers DIRTY... and I don't want to brag but it was my suggestion to bring them into the league... maybe that was a bad idea... whatevs.

................ ok............. onto my LAST preview of the season.... Fantasy Bowl 10 (Screw roman numerals)

#1 DIRTY HARYY v. #6 Mean Machine: No need to beat around the bush... Machine will win by 20+, first time champ, make me feel even less of a human being, have to listen to the commish all year long about how there are 3 rings in the family and I have 0, and all that jazz. So DIRTY, you would be doing me a favor if you win this game... I got you in so you best not disappoint. Even though I could say I lost to the champ... whoppie do da... doesn't matter when it comes to getting verbally abused by the mighty commish... and I have no comeback and it's rather irritating that I don't. So Machine will win so you can just forget all the stuff I said... a pretty solid first two years by the senior citizen... but you if talked to him you would think he has 3 wins and scores under a 100 every game... such a negative nancy.

And how about the 3rd place game... why not? Many experts thought this would be the Championship matchup... but didn't happen. Of course my team will win because history shows that I live for this game. 2004: 3rd place... 2007: 3rd place... three years later (again) 2010: 3rd place. It's my thing, I'm like the Philly Eagles... btw that game sucked the big one on Sunday I hate DeSean Jackson.

--------
Well that about wraps it up for the Altoona View. My recaps usually are a buzz kill so it's not really worth doing a Championship recap. A few weeks ago I was having thoughts about not doing this next season because it seems like it got kinda old doing this twice a week. I had fun doing it and I hope you enjoyed reading every week, but I may or may not do a blog next season... if anything the commish and I will tag team a notes/view into one post each week but who knows... got a lot of time before that.

VOTE in the new poll about the blog...

So this is Ryan signing off, I wish you all a very Merry Christmas and have a Happy New Year as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment