Friday, September 17, 2010

Week 2 Preview

I think the weekly notes are cute... the commish makes the Ice Bashers sound like they're a contender now JUST because he was almost embarrassed by an 0-14 team. Here at the View, (I think this site is cool enough to be called just The View from time to time) we don't make everything sound oh so giddy and playful. Our goal is to be the George Costanza of the weekly notes... to do the opposite. I have already explained this one before, but anytime I can mention Seinfeld is a good time.

Anyways... lets get to this WEEK 2 PREVIEW...

Possible go hide somewhere because the Altoona View will bash you alert: Mean Machine led by QB Matt Schaub will take his team into Alaska and face the Ice Bashers. The Machine won his first week game and is looking to avoid embarrassment by being that guy who is the first to lose to the Ice Bashers... EVER. I know I sound like a broken record about this 0-15 team but this team only comes around every 5 years... so let me have fun with it.

Interesting tidbits for week 2:

> Giants Rule (I know it's not the right format but after making fun of him a lot, typing every other letter capitalized gets annoying) lost his first game and is at the bottom of the standings, but he made some moves! Mr. impatient drafts Vincent Jackson and holds him until the day when it is announced that he will be able to play in 2 weeks if he is traded. I guess after having him for 2 months as dead wood got old so he won't just wait it out and see what God has to say about his status (Adam Schefter).

> Two ex champions (Crazy Fools and Nittany Lions) play each other this week........ cool? Not really. One will be 0-2 though... now that's cool.

----
That is all from Altoona... good luck in week 2 and have fun trialing the leader... The Altoona Giants (I'm going to milk it for all its worth).

No comments:

Post a Comment