Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Week 4 recap... WOW and WOW

fireworks multicolorgolden bursts


Yes, we can see the fireworks lighting up the sky all the way from Alaska on this Tuesday, October 5th 2010. 5 years and 1 month the Ice Bashers have been defeated with an 0-17 record that now improves to 1-17. I have dreamt of this day because I knew I would have unlimited ideas to blog about here at The Altoona View. You and I will be disappointed with the things I COULD have mentioned.

Ok lets take a deep breath and let this story soak in... The ALASKA ICE BASHERS, the guy ho drafted Tedy Bruschi with the FIRST pick and who never won a game before has finally popped his fantasy football cherry 5 years in the making. The bigger story here is not that they finally won, but the team who which they beat is what takes home the ice cream cake.

The two-time champ, respected by most, the ginger we all love.... CrazyFools is THAT guy... the FIRST guy/team to lose to Alaska. I know Vick got hurt and all that, but it's the Ice Bashers... I mean we got to draw a line somewhere. Alaska may go on to win another few games or none at all but CrazyFools shall always be remembered in the leagues' history for being THAT guy to lose to a team who has been searching for a win for 5 years and one month. Now I have to take down that countdown on the side... so I hope I'm proud of yourself, CF. I mean, I along with everybody else who hasn't played him yet enjoyed a HUGE sigh of relief this morning when we said to ourselves, "At least I'm that guy." So thank you CF.

Just to throw it out there... Alaska would have beaten 7 others teams this week since they pretty much doubled their weekly average with 123 points. He would have beaten the undefeated NITTANY LIONS... that stacked team who picked up Danny Woodhead this afternoon. I guess one white running back wasn't enough. If he wins the championship with Peyton Hillis and Danny Woodhead, I'll make my team name "I'm a GIANT Douche" for the rest of my fantasy career. And that's a promise.... (please lose).
 ----------
Another big story line for this week was how the Madison Hedgecocks defeated The Altoona View's own, the Altoona Giants. In the week 4 preview I posted nothing but good thoughts and excellent sportsmanship. Maybe I did a tad smack talking but what is the worst that will happen if I lost???.............. Well I lost and the Hedgecocks goes ahead and writes a lovely poem... yes a POEM. I give it a B-, the rhyming was kind of amateur but I respect his feelings toward The View. But that's beside the point, you can read that poem at the top right of this page. Now we can all enjoy it for the rest of the season because it will not come down... hopefully he will eat that poem if we meet again in the playoffs... but even if I don't... it's a poem which took him about 30 minutes to write, and the funny part is that he posted a warning message because I needed time to brace myself. Good ole Hedgecocks. And also a guy on his team was banned for taking roids.... so that's a win for me right?

WaLLy'S wArRiOrZzZ woke up from his nap apparently and smacked around his son (that didn't sound right), Giants Rule and now he is 0-4. That little angry baby must of had a bad nightmare because he looks pissed in that picture. But such a cute baby, I know. I find it funny that the oldest man in the league has that picture. Actually that's a Toss Up... who is older... Mean Machine or Wallys? Hmmmm.....
-----------------

That will be all for this extended recap post... an 0-17 team that wins their first game doesn't come around often so I tried to have fun with it. I hope you come back for my week 5 preview this friday. Some very interesting matchups, one of which could make me look like a fool. So come on back real soon...

Let there be hope in Alaska...

Enjoy it while it lasts.... it's almost always dark in Alaska and I expect darkness to roll back in shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment