Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Week 5 CAP

Ok, lets get this over with... yes I did indeed guarantee a win... and no I did not come through... again. The worst team in the league... Giants Rule!!!, that averages 80 points/week decides to turn it on and score 124. I'm going to call up Alex Smith this week to heckle him for being the best QB ever and practically handing Quintin Mikell the ball for a TD. But that's besides the point, I just hope I don't have to add to the "Lovers of the View" poem column to your right. In result to this embarrassing loss to an 0-4 team that has never finished 3rd or better got The Altoona View's main sponsor very upset... Tom Kruse of Hoveround Power Chair personally called me today and ended our long business relationship of 3 months.

I shall not forget this defeat... yes it is a painful day in Altoona and to lift my spirits I received multiple texts from various teams (that I shall not mention because it will come back to bite ya) in the league congratulating me on my awfulness. But one text stuck out to me and made me feel a whole lot better... when the Alaska Ice Bashers of all people in the world attempted to make fun of the Altoona Giants... I couldn't help but laugh... I mean does a 1-18 team have the right to do that? Don't let A win get to your head Alaska... win 2 in a row then I'll give ya some leeway... close to none. So to conclude this horrific performance... I will say that I am THAT guy to lose to the final winless team... but at least I wasn't THAT guy to lose to an 0-17 team... THAT never gets old!

In other news... the NITTANY LIONS are still undefeated. I apologize to me readers... I tried, tried and tried to jinx his entire team on the preview... but of course they found a way to win and are still unbeaten... with less points than the 8th place team. But that's besides the point... and good thing Danny Woodhead isn't on the roster anymore because I would really dislike having the team name "I'm a GIANT douche."

One Man Wolfpack... thanks for the shout out and attempt to impress The View (Trying to give the Altoona View something to write about this week lol) ... but you have failed us and you are now in the View's Doghouse... which was just created this second. I think of good ideas mid sentence. I do condone you on your name though... you had that before "The Hangover" made that saying popular. So kudos... but still... doghouse.

There were other exciting macthups, I'm sure... but I only preview all, I'd rather not recap all. But maybe some day that shall happen.

But until then... I hope you enjoyed... be sure to come back FRIDAY for the WEEK 6 PREVIEW.

No comments:

Post a Comment