Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Week 6, wave goodbye...

A very interesting week indeed... so lets get right to it...

The one and only NITTANY LIONS led by their fearless leader in the commish FINALLY lost a game. You thought you could avoid the pressure since you didn't make yourself the game of the week... but not so fast. But the major buzz-kill of this headliner is that the (not so) rhyme master, Madison Hedgecocks gave the first place team their first loss. And you guessed it... another poem was written (God help us......please). This time I don't even think there was one rhyme... but the best part about it was that it wasn't about the good ole Altoona View this time around. The LIONS now get to join the party of those fortunate enough to receive such a wonderful piece of literature written to make us look like fools... but now that this is your 2ND (second) poem... the tables are indeed turning... I mean one poem was good enough (not really) but you gave us the opportunity to make fun of a SECOND poem. And by the way, I like how you said the View isn't a hater.... I am GULPING the Haterade by the gallon. Anywho... it was refreshing seeing the commish finally go down, even if there was another poem written afterward.

Viva E~~spna~~ showed Wallys Warriors what type of player he was this week putting up a league high 161 points. I guess Wallys should go back in time and maybe putt Viva in for a least a few minutes at their next travel basketball game and not let him sit on the bench. But Viva knew while sitting on that hard bleacher they call a bench that deep down in 14 years he shall get revenge.... it was a long time coming... but it was so worth it.

The "game of the week" that the commish was so high on was the result everybody and their grandmas saw coming.... a big brother stomping on his little brother (even though Da Mounts is shorter... ha ha!) in a blowout victory. Remember, Giants Rule wasn't playing the Altoona Giants, so they came out and played their best brand of football... scoring under 90 points. At 1-5, Giants Rule is pretty much done for... with only 573 total points in 6 weeks.... (btw, he scored 124 against me... I know... wtf?)

Speaking of the Altoona Giants... I am proud to say that I am apart of the "2" win club alongside the Alaska Ice Bashers (who made sure I knew I was as bad as him in a text message) and 2 other awesome teams. I guess having the 2nd most points against in the league will put me at 2-4 even if I have more points than the 1st place NITTANY LIONS. I can bitch about it all I want... but I'll save you from that suffering.... I will just quietly die inside.... but I guess DIRTY HARRY took a tip from Clint Eastwood and completely let the dogs loose scoring 151.

Now that I mentioned them, Alaska won their 2nd game ever... making their record a stunning 2-18 overall (I actaully called this one in the preview). Shake had no Bake this week by only scoring 84 points.... and he would have lost to the powerhouse Giants Rule by .10. So this win shouldn't get you too giddy Bashers... but I guess you'll take anything you can get with your splendid history.

Last and certainly least... One Man Wolfpack got a win over a solid team that only scored 97. I am starting to mention you too much, One Man! Don't get used to it...

Oh, and CrazyFools won and is in 8th place... oh shucks. Those glasses are getting to all of us...
------------
That is all, please join me on FRIDAY for the WEEK 7 PREVIEW.

No comments:

Post a Comment