Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Week 8... peace

Another very very interesting week in the league... it sure is shaping up to be a memorable 10th anniversary season. (That might of sounded like it belongs in the weekly notes... am I getting soft?)

Anyways... let's get right to it...

I find it baffling that only TWO games separate 1st and last place... I mean O...M...G. Now the points are a big difference but that's besides the point. I can't believe I'm saying it but EVERYBODY has a chance this season... at this point with week 9 ahead. Yes even you Ice Bashers and Giants Rule... but not you red moon cards.

It looks like the commish has come back to reality after a 5-0 start... make that a THREE GAME LOSING streak. Same for the Mean Machine... 3 losses in a row and now out of the top 8. Panic mode in these two camps? Good thing I am not in that household because I don't want that 0-6 combined record to rub off on the Altoona Giants who is climbing up in the standings... watch OUT.

How bout Alaska knocking of that amazing team called the Hedgecocks... where's the poem now Langston Hughes? (Didn't think I knew more than one poet now did ya?) Even though the Bashers have an astonishing 3 wins... they still sit in 13th but at this point you can throw out the numbers. Soon enough this cluster fuck (excuse my french) will break up and good teams and crap teams will start to distance themselves. BUT that could be ANYBODY at this point. These next 5 weeks are gonna be delightful for some (8 people) but so painful for others (5 people)  8+5=13... I left one team out (pretty obvi.) and they will remain nameless because honestly they have exceeded all expectations and they must be patting themselves on the back even if they lose out.

If the playoffs were to start today, the CrazyFools would be in the 8 slot and we all know what that spot did for him last season... but even I can't make predictions at this point because when do you ever see these standings that we currently have now?... I mean throw a frickin' bone my way...

------
That's all for me today, yeah I know short recap oh well... it just means the WEEK 9 PREVIEW will be THAT much better on FRIDAY! Ya'll come back now.

No comments:

Post a Comment